If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Monday, March 06, 2006

Episode Eight - Brandy

Here it is, a full day early. As I mentioned in my last blog post, I received my new audio recording equipment and I decided I just had to redo the brandy episode so... here it is! I quickly downed the Manhattan you see sitting on the table in the picture from the last post and then started to re-record the brandy episode.

Now, let's get into the recipes I mention on this show:

Jack Rose
2 oz apple brandy (Applejack or Calvados)
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1/2 oz grenadine
Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Pisco Sour
1 1/2 oz Pisco
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
1 small egg white
Put all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake for at least 10 seconds to fully emulsify the egg. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Put in a few drops of angostura bitters on top in a circular pattern and then drag a toothpick through the drops to make swirls.

Sidecar
1 oz Brandy
1/2 oz Cointreau
1 oz fresh lemon juice
Pour into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. You can also rim the glass with sugar.
*Here's something I tried once just because I was bored. Rim the glass with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. I found it to be quite tasty.

Between the Sheets
1 oz Brandy
1 oz Light Rum
1 oz Cointreau
1 oz fresh lemon juice
Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Brandy Alexander
1 1/2 oz Brandy
1 oz Dark Creme de Cacao
1 oz Cream
Pour all ingredients into a shaker and then fill with ice. (I don't like pouring cream over ice. It gets flaky.) Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.

Stinger
2 oz Brandy
1/2 oz White Creme de Menthe
Stir well with ice and then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Cheers!

1 comment:

tdkme said...

sound quality really shines through onto the brandy episode. You can see where the money went! Another great show.... more fans are coming!