If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Episode 019 - Cruising Cocktails

Okay, I know... I'm a day late posting this. OOPS!

This time around I'm talking about the cocktail adventures during my trip to Seattle, WA and Alaska.

Here are some of the recipes I mention and are definitely worth posting:

Don't Give Up the Ship by Ben Dougherty from the Zig Zag Cafe in Seattle, WA.
6 parts Gin
1 part Fernet Branca
2 parts Dubonnet
1 part Grand Marnier
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass

Last Word
Gin
Green Chartreuse
Maraschino Liqueur
Fresh Lime Juice
Add equal parts of each into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.

Mahogany by Robert Hess
1 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
3/4 oz Jagermeister
3/4 oz Benedictine
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Robert recommends spritzing the inside of the glass with a cinnamon tincture. Find out how to make the cinnamon tincture from Robert's website, www.drinkboy.com

2 comments:

C. Llyr Proctor said...

How do you spell the artichoke liqueur you were talking about in the Trident? It sounded interesting.

Mr. Martini said...

It's CYNAR. By itself, I cannot stand the flavor... but mixed right with other liqueurs and it can add a whole new level of complexity to a drink.

The Trident is a wonderful cocktail. I just noticed I didn't list it on the front blog. I'll put it here as a bonus for those who read the comments then...

TRIDENT
1 oz Cynar
1 oz Akuavit
1 oz Dry Sherry
2 Dashes Peach Bitters
Stir with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.