If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Harry's Bar in Venice, Italy



This was taken in Harry’s Bar in Venice, Italy… the home of the Bellini. On the bar next to me is their Bellini #1 and an old fashioned.


They now serve four types of Bellini’s:

1. Bellini: Fresh peach puree with a dry Italian sparkling wine called Prosecco, which is made out of Prosecco grapes, a white grape grown in the Veneto region of Italy. This Bellini is the original.

2. Virgin Bellini: If you ask for this, you’re just getting a “Bellini” mix from a can. It’s basically a carbonated peach puree.

3. Bellini #1: This is also made with the canned Bellini mix and has your choice of gin or vodka added.

4. Bellini #2: This is also made with the canned Bellini mix and has rum added to it.

The prices were rediculous here but I’ll go more into that when I discuss the trip on my next episode.

CHEERS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're alive and well! We were worried when no podcast updates came through.

If you're ever in the Washington DC Metro area you'll find me behind the bar at the Palace of Wonders and the Piratz Tavern.

Looking forward to the next podcast.

C*
http://www.oddangel.com/angelindex.html

Mr. Martini said...

A sword swallowing bartender? You bet I'll come by the next time I'm around Washington DC.

Thanks for the comment. I should be putting together my next episode shortly. After such a long trip, it is taking me a while to get back into the usual groove.

If you're ever in San Francisco (this goes for any of my dedicated listeners) let me know. Maybe we'll run into each other and have a cocktail.

Cheers!