If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Episode 051 - Bols Genever


This episode is about a fantastic spirit, which was originally released in the US in 1823 and is finally back: Bols Genever.

I had the honor of attending the Bols Genever San Francisco Launch Party last wednesday and was proud to do so as this spirit has so much history behind it, there's no way I couldn't be excited. There was a lot of photography going on at this event so if you go to Bols Genever's website, you just may see me in the pictures. As of my last check, there was only pictures of the Amsterdam and New York events but the San Francisco pictures are on their way. Keep an eye out for them. Hopefully I'm not too crazy in the photos. Who knows. I did have about 7 cocktails while I was there.

I want to give a special thank you to Huub van Doorne, CEO of Bols Genever, for spending so much time answering all my questions. It was a pleasure to meet you, sir.

Enjoy this history packed show!

Cheers,
Tim Morrison (Mr. Martini)

1 comment:

Head of Section said...

Awesome episode Mr Martini!

I must confess, I was a little slow to listen to the new 'cast, because I was expecting (from the title) to be a little bored hearing another episode about a 'schnapps'. How WRONG I was! You now have me excited to grab myself a bottle of Bols Genever, and to whip up some great clasic cocktails! That's what I get for doubting you! You have once again proven why you are the best at what you do!

I remain your humble student! ;)

H.o.S.