If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

NEWS FLASH: Mr. Martini in Singapore

Hello all. I am still planning on putting out a "Drink Type: Part Two" episode soon but I can guarantee it won't be out until after January 4th. Why? Because I've just been surprised with a trip to Singapore for New Years. Actually, I leave Monday. I'm really excited and will definitely be checking out the Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel and will order a Singapore Sling, which is where the drink originates from. I'll take pictures and will be sharing them on my Facebook and Flickr pages. If all goes well, I may be able to get information together to create a "Drinking in Singapore" episode together. I'll be sure to check out the bar scene there and get a feel for any local drinking customs, etc. I'll only have a week to absorb the environment so we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone and have a wonderful New Years. Keep an eye out for "Drink Type: Part Two" after I get back and keep your fingers crossed for me that I can get some good information together for a Singapore episode.

Cheers!
Tim Morrison (Mr. Martini)

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Hi Mr Martini!

You should try to get to "Tippling Club" which was set up by Matt Bax from Melbourne Australia, owner of "Der Raum" - a cocktail bar down here in Melbourne.

Cheers,
Cocktail Kev.

Mr. Martini said...

Thank you for the tip. I'll definitely look it up. This is great! I love posting my upcoming trips and getting great ideas from listeners. If anyone else has any other helpful information or things I must see while in Singapore, let me know. I appreciate it!

Tim

Jamie Fellrath said...

Have a great time in Singapore! What a neat surprise... enjoy that Sling and make sure you tell us all about it when you get back!