If you've found the show helpful to you, please help defray the operating costs by making a donation. No amount is too small. Thank you.

Want to send feedback to the show? Email me at behindthebarshow@gmail.com


CLICK HERE for a list of every episode and to SUBSCRIBE!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Tanqueray No. TEN Celebrates 10th Anniversary

If you know me, I like my gin. I'm happy to hear that Tanqueray No. TEN is about to celebrate their 10th Anniversary and, of course, it's on 10/10/10.

They're inviting everyone to join them in celebrating TEN on 10/10/10 on the web as a live video toast from Master Distiller Tom Nichol will stream nationwide at Facebook.com/Tanqueray.  The toast will take place at 10:00 p.m. EST.

The main celebration party will be at one of New York City's notable bars, Vandaag as well as 12 other cities. (You bet I'll be joining the celebration in San Francisco. What can I say? I like my gin!)

Okay, they sent me a couple recipes to give you an idea what to make. I have to add my own comments, of course. (I wouldn't be me if I didn't.) These are pretty simple recipes. The first is is simply a glass of cold Tanqueray No. TEN and the second is a simple sour.




Perfect 10
1.25 oz. Tanqueray Ten Gin
1 lime twist
Add Tanqueray Ten to glass with ice. Serve straight up. Garnish with lime twist.









TEN Fresh
 1.25 oz. Tanqueray Ten Gin
1 oz. fresh lime juice
0.75 oz. simple syrup
      1        lime wheel
Add Tanqueray Ten, fresh lime juice and simple syrup.  Shake with ice and strain into a pre-chilled martini glass.  Garnish with lime wheel




I enjoy Tanqueray TEN as Gin & Tonic as extra sweetness in the gin shines through and the botanicals really show off their colors. That would be my preference. Hmm... I've never tried it in a Pegu Club Cocktail. That could be interesting to try. (2 oz gin, 1 oz orange curacao, 1/4 oz lime juice, dash Angostura bitters and a dash orange bitters. Stir all ingredients with ice until the stirring glass starts to frost. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass)

 Anyway, I'm looking forward to raising my glass on Sunday. Cheers, everyone!

No comments: